· 1 medium sized pumpkin, peeled, cut into small sized, boiled & blended together with the water it was boiled in.
· 1 cup of sugar
· 2 ½ cups of coconut milk
· 2 pandan leaves, torn & knotted
· 5 large eggs, beaten
· ½ cawan plain flour mixed with 1 cup of water
· 1 tsp rose essence
1. Pour blended pumpkin into heavy based pan (the solid brass pot is ideal).
2. Put in the sugar & pandan leaves.
3. Pour in the coconut milk. Cook on medium heat.
4. After ½ an hour or when the pumpkin custard begins to boil & thickens, pour the beaten eggs slowly into the mixture while stirring it at the same time.
5. Pour the flour mixture gently & slowly into the pumpkin custard. Do not stop stirring at this stage.
6. Add the rose essence and stir it in.
7. When the mixture begins to thicken, shines, does not stick to the side of the pan and is heavy to stir, it should be ready.
8. Allow to cool in the pot until it is ready to be served. Decorate with cherries.