Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Most kids love munching on potato chips....My kids love munching all day on this Negeri Sembilan dish of Pucuk Ubi Goreng. I am so glad I got this fantastic recipe from Din's Mak Lang! I'm pretty sure this huge bottle I made of it won't last very long...
Crispy Tapioca Shoots Recipe
The moment my sister Mariam placed the hot Clam Chowder she just made on the dining table, all attention was on the most delicious New England Clam Chowder I've had in a long time. Considering she was studying near the San Francisco region before, it could be the San Francisco Clam Chowder?? Well, whatever it is.....it was GOOD!!
- 1 1/2 tbsp of butter
- 1 cup of finely chopped onions
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup of water
- 2 medium-sized potatoes, cubed
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup clams, cleaned & diced (Steam for 10 mins if using fresh clams)
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee' the onions till limp and transparent.
- Put in the flour & stir till combined.
- Pour in the water gradually, then put in the cubed potatoes.
- Season with salt & pepper.
- Cook covered on medium fire for 15 minutes or till potatoes are done.
- Reduce the heat and pour in the milk & cream.
- Lastly, put in the clams and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Do not allow the Clam Chowder to boil. Just allow it to heat through.
- Serve with bread, or better still, crackers!