Everybody loves Nasi Goreng...... Nasi Goreng Kampung was my late dad's favorite and we always have it during breakfast. Its the simplest Nasi Goreng with just a handful of ingredients but it is full of flavor!
At times, we would like to have Nasi Goreng Kampung without the calories. So, I started making my family's recipe of Nasi Goreng without the frying and the massive amount of oil using the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker and it tastes just as delicious. Because my mum loves the slightly oily texture, I added some olive oil right at the very end!
Nasi Goreng Kampung
(using the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker)
· 2 cups of Basmathi rice, wash & drain
· 1 large onion
· 2 cloves of garlic
· 2 tbsp dried prawns, soaked in hot water & drained
· 8 fresh red chillies, deseeded
· 5 birds eye chillies
· 2 cups of water
· 1 egg
· 1 ½ tsp salt
· 1 tbsp olive oil for
1. Place the onion, garlic, soaked dried prawns, red chillies and birds eye chillies into the PHILIPS food processor.
2. Process the ingredients until coarsely chopped.
3. Place all the chopped ingredients into the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker Pot and add the rice.
4. Flavour with salt.
5. Pour in the water.
6. Press RICE and the press START on the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker with the vent pointing towards the middle which is for pressure cooking.
7. When the rice is cooked in 14 minutes, make a crater in the middle of the rice and break the egg in the middle.
8. Close back the lid and allow it to rest for a few minutes.
9. After 5 minutes, pour olive oil over the rice and stir the ingredients together. Serve.