Monday, June 30, 2014
Sunday, May 11, 2014
Roasted Pumpkin Soup
(using the PHILIPS Soyamilk Maker)
Makes 4 servings
· 2 cups of chopped roasted pumpkins
· 1 tbsp of chopped onions
· 1 garlic, chopped
· 1 tsp of chicken stock granules
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 tsp ground black pepper
· ½ a cup of milk
· 1 tbsp of flour combined with 2 ½ cups of water
· ¼ cup of cream
1. Place all the ingredients except the cream, into the PHILIPS SoyaMilk Maker.
2. Press the ‘PUREE SOUP’ Mode and the Press ‘START’.
3. After 25 minutes, the Pumpkin Soup should be ready.
4. Pour into bowls. Swirl with thickened cream and crutons when serving.
COCONUT FUDGE SLICE
(using the PHILIPS Air Fryer)
- 1 cup plain flour
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 cups dessicated coconut
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¾ cups butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla
- Put all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Mix well.
- Pour the melted butter & vanilla over the dry ingredients. Combine it all together.
- Spread the coconut mixture in a greased tin. Press the mixture until firm & compact.
- Bake in a preheated 170ºC preheated PHILIPS AIR FRYER oven for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, pour icing evenly over the slice.
- Sprinkle with desiccated coconut & cut into slices once the icing is set.
Ingredients for Chocolate Icing:-
- ½ cup icing sugar, sieved
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ½ tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp hot water
- ¼ cup dessicated coconut
In a large bowl, put in the icing sugar & cocoa powder.
Put in the butter and pour the hot water. Stir till well mixed.
Pour over the slice & sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
(using the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker)
· 6 pieces of chicken, cut into little cubes
· 10 pieces of fishballs, halved
· 2 fish cakes, sliced
· 1 onion, blended
· 3 cloves of garlic, blended
· ½ inch ginger, blended
· 3 cups of water
· 1 carrot, cut into small cubes
· 2 sticks of celery, cut into small cubes
· 1 tsp salt
· 1 tsp black pepper
· 1 pack of macaroni, boiled for 7 mins
1. Place all the ingredients inside the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker pot.
2. Stir till everything is well combined.
3. Press SOUP & then START button of the PHILIPS Pressure Cooker.
4. After 30 minutes, the Soup will be ready.
5. Release the pressure by turning the vent to the right. Then open the lid.
6. Stir the boiled macaroni into the soup.
7. Sprinkle with fried onions & sliced chinese celery when serving.
(using the PHILIPS AIR FRYER)
· 2 large onions, chopped
· 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
· 2 tbsp of butter
· 250 gms minced beef/chicken
· 1 carrot, grated
· ¼ cup chinese celery, chopped
· 2 tsp salt
· 2 tsp pepper
· 2 cups of milk
· 1 cups of water
· 4 eggs, beaten
· 1 cup of grated cheese
· ½ packet of Macaroni, boiled for 7 minutes
· 1 cup of breadcrumbs1. Heat a pan & melt the butter.
2. Sautee’ the onions & garlic.
3. Put in the minced beef/chicken & stir until cooked through.
4. Add the button mushrooms & carrots. Cook further.
5. Finally put in the chinese celery, salt & pepper.
6. Stir until well combined. Pour into a large bowl.
7. Put the boiled macaroni into the same bowl.
8. Pour the milk, water, grated cheese & beaten eggs into the macaroni and mix well.
9. Scoop macaroni mixture into a baking dish. Make sure the liquid is the same level as the macaroni.
10. Cover the top of the macaroni with breadcrumbs.
11. Bake in a 160ºC preheated PHILIPS AIR FRYER for 25 minutes or until the breadcrumbs turn golden brown.