- 250gms prawns, peeled & cleaned
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 heaped tbsp cornflour
- 1 cup of oil, for frying
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 birds' eye chillies, sliced
- 2 stalks of curry leaves
- 1 flat tbsp sugar
- 3/4 cup of evaporated milk
- Heat oil in a pan
- Marinade prawns with salt & pepper.
- Coat the prawns evenly with the cornflour & remove excess flour.
- Fry the prawns in the hot oil & cook for 1 minute on each side.
- Place the prawns in the Buttermilk Sauce & serve.
~Method for Buttermilk Sauce~
- Melt butter in a pan.
- Sautee the bird's eye chillies & curry leaves till fragrant.
- Pour in the milk & simmer gently.
- Flavour with sugar.
- Cook for a further 3 minutes on very low fire until gravy thickens a little.
- Place fried prawns into the gravy.
- Serve with hot rice!