Wednesday 14 August 2013

Pink Lemonade Drizzle Cake

 

I have always loved cake tins. But lately, since my sister got me a rose-shaped cake tin which I have always desired, I got into a cake-tin frenzy, searching for all sorts of designs that would turn out beautiful cakes. Of course a beautiful cake would not mean much without a beautiful~tasting cake. So I got busy trying to develop new recipes to fit my tin! If my oven could talk, I'm pretty sure it will tell me it needs a good rest from all these baking! :-)



·      1 cup butter, softened
·      1 cup caster sugar
·      3 eggs
·      1 cup plain flour, sieved
·      1 tsp baking powder
·      ½ cup milk
·      2 tsp lemon juice
·      2 tsp pink food colouring
·      Juice of 1 lemon mixed with ½ a cup of caster sugar for the drizzle


1.    Beat together the butter & sugar till pale & creamy.
2.    Put in the eggs, one at a time, beating well between each addition.
3.    Mix the flour & baking powder together.
4.    Add the flour mixture into the batter, alternately with the milk, starting and ending with flour.
5.    Mix in the lemon juice.
6.    Swirl in the pink colouring into the batter.
7.    Pour the mixture in a greased tin.
8.    Bake in a preheated 180ºC oven for 45 minutes.
9.    Pour the lemon drizzle over the cake once it comes out of the oven.
10.                  Leave it to cool completely in the tin.

No comments:

Author

authorMarina Mustafa. Author of ten cookbooks.



Total Pageviews