Tuesday 7 January 2014

Apple Oat Crumble (using the PHILIPS Air Fryer)

 (using the PHILIPS AIR FRYER)

 
I cannot explain this love I have for Crumbles..especially Apple Crumbles.  The many many times I have made crumbles, I always seem to enjoy the simple ones, with just flour butter,sugar and spices. Lately however, I love chunks, I love texture and I love the extra crisp and I love the natural sweetness of dates & cherries. So I tried out this recipe which I must admit is pretty good!

As always, the PHILIPS Air Fryer has made my life so easy. From initially using it for just frying, then reheating, adding crisp. Of late I have enjoyed baking using it.  I don't have to heat up a whole oven when I'm just baking for two! My daughter and me!

 
Ingredients:~

·      3 green apples, peeled, cored & sliced
·      1/3   cups flour
·      1/3  cup butter
·      ½ tsp salt
·      ¼  cup brown sugar
·      ¼ cup sugar
·      ¼  cup oats
·      ¼ cups muesli
·      ½ tsp nutmeg powder
·      ½ tsp cinnamon powder
·      3 dates, chopped
·      3 red cherries, chopped
·      3 green cherries, chopped
·      8 walnuts, chopped


Method:~

1.   Grease the baking dish.
2.   Arrange the apple slices in the baking dish. Sprinkle a little brown sugar & cinnamon powder lightly over the apples.
3.   Place the flour, oats, muesli, salt, both sugars, nutmeg & cinnamon powder in a large bowl. Mix well.
4.   Put in the butter and rub it into the dry ingredients till it resembles clumpy breadcrumbs.
5.   Sprinkle the crumble over the apple slices.
6.   Bake the Apple Crumble in a preheated PHILIPS Air Fryer for 30 minutes at 170ºC .
7.   Serve with warm custard or ice cream.

No comments:

Author

authorMarina Mustafa. Author of ten cookbooks.



Total Pageviews