Friday 17 January 2014

Coconut Pancakes my dad loved.....



I woke up this morning with a cloud of sadness over me And I remembered my dad's favourite breakfast...Lempeng Kelapa. It's been 21 years but it feels like yesterday.

Ingredients:~
  • 4 cups of grated coconut
  • 2 1/2 cups of plain flour
  • 3 1/2  cups of water 
  • 1 1/2 tsp of salt 
  •  
  •  
~Method~  
  1. Put the grated coconut, plain flour, salt and water into a bowl.
  2. Mix everything together until well combined.
  3. Heat a flat pan on medium heat.
  4. Drop 2 tbsp of batter on the heated pan. and cook for 1 minute.
  5. Flip the pancake over and cook the other side.
  6. Continue making the pancakes till all the batter has been used up.
  7. Perfect when served with Sambal Tumis and crispy fried anchovies.  

No comments:

Author

authorMarina Mustafa. Author of ten cookbooks.



Total Pageviews