Tuesday 7 January 2014

Spinach Pesto (using the PHILIPS AVENT STEAMER BLENDER)


(using the PHILIPS AVENT STEAMER BLENDER)

Shamefully, I never dared try Pesto until I reached my late 20s. The green was pretty scary....and besides, who eats spaghetti with greens. It couldn't possible be tasty! But I was so so wrong. Little did I know how delicious it was and it suprisingly tasted rich! It's the pine nuts and the olive oil, I finally realized.
Due to my own preconception, I decided to introduce Pesto to all the little kids that I teach cooking to. I feel I am in the position to make kids realize how delicious greens are a young age, before they have a chance to 'dislike' greens.

Using the PHILIPS AVENT Steamer Blender is like a dream! Stuff all the spinach into the jar and twist the dail to begin steaming. After 20 minutes, the steamer will automatically stop and you just flip the jar over to blend it into a smooth pesto! Easy peasy!


-->
Ingredients:~


·      2 cloves of garlic
·      2 cups of chopped spinach, washed
·      1 tsp salt
·      ½ tsp pepper
·      ¼ cup of milk
·      ¼ cup chicken stock or ½ tsp of chicken stock granules


Method:~

1.    Place the garlic & spinach into the PHILIPS AVENT Steamer Blender.
2.    Pour 200mls water into the boiler and steam the spinach for 20 minutes.
3.    Turn the jar over, to the blending position.
4.    Open the lid and pour in the milk, salt , stock & pepper.
5.    Close the lid back & blend for 10 seconds till smooth.
6.    Pour the homemade pesto over boiled pasta & serve

No comments:

Author

authorMarina Mustafa. Author of ten cookbooks.



Total Pageviews